MMJ Delivery Starting Soon in Florida’s Winter Garden
- Minnesota Adds PTSD as Qualifying Condition for Medical Marijuana – December 2, 2016
- Montel Williams Detained in Germany Over Medical Marijuana – August 1, 2016
- Investor Dispatch: Lori Ferrara Trailblazing in the Marijuana Industry – September 9, 2015
- On Nov. 22, 2016, Veterans Affairs Canada announced a new reimbursement policy for veterans using medical cannabis.
- Behind the Push to Allow Marijuana Compound Use in NFL – November 30, 2016
Knox Nurseries, one of six licensed medical marijuana providers in the state of Florida, is set to begin selling marijuana on Dec. 9, 2016. Located in Winter
@MJINews: #MMJ Delivery Starting Soon in Florida’s Winter Garden
Knox Nurseries, one of six licensed medical marijuana providers in the state of Florida, is set to begin selling marijuana on Dec. 9, 2016. Located in Winter Garden, the nursery has additional plans to open a dispensary in Ivanhoe Village, north of downtown Orlando, at the beginning of next year.
Owned and operated by the Knox family for more than half a century, nursery co-founder Bruce Knox told Fox 35 Orlando that their decision to go into the medical marijuana industry was about more than just business.
“Personally I have two family members who have epilepsy so I have seen seizures and what that is like, so not only that aspect of it, but just the ability to help people. I think everybody has seen family members or friends with cancer,” Knox said.
Although Florida has yet to develop rules and regulations for full strength medical marijuana, Knox will offer both non-euphoric and full strength marijuana to qualified patients; thanks in part to the expansion of the Right to Try Act, which was signed on March 7, 2016.
According to the Orlando Sentinel, Knox Nurseries has plans to pursue dispensary locations in Gainesville, Jacksonville, Lake Worth and Tallahassee.