DEA Sparks New Battle With Marijuana Extract Makers
- Minnesota Adds PTSD as Qualifying Condition for Medical Marijuana – December 2, 2016
- Investor Dispatch: Lori Ferrara Trailblazing in the Marijuana Industry – September 9, 2015
- Montel Williams Detained in Germany Over Medical Marijuana – August 1, 2016
- Silicon Valley Investors Are Finally Getting Marijuana Religion – July 7, 2016
- Marijuana Shares Rise With Release of Recreational Use Recommendations – December 14, 2016
The battle lines are heating up between the marijuana marketplace and the Drug Enforcement Agency.
@MJINews: .@DEAHQ Sparks New Battle With Marijuana Extract Makers
Last Wednesday, the DEA slipped an update in the Federal Register that established a new drug code for marijuana extracts. The move panicked the industry, which is already nervous with the new administration coming in. Millions are at stake for several publicly traded companies that have invested years in marketing products based on the extract called canabidiol, or CBD.
Medical marijuana patients in California are getting a tax break, and that could mean less money for the state’s coffers. The Board of Equalization recently notified users they do not have to pay sales tax on medical pot if they have both a recommendation from a doctor and the appropriate identification card.