7 Dispensaries Raided in Kent County, Michigan
- Minnesota Adds PTSD as Qualifying Condition for Medical Marijuana – December 2, 2016
- Montel Williams Detained in Germany Over Medical Marijuana – August 1, 2016
- Behind the Push to Allow Marijuana Compound Use in NFL – November 30, 2016
- Investor Dispatch: Lori Ferrara Trailblazing in the Marijuana Industry – September 9, 2015
- On Nov. 22, 2016, Veterans Affairs Canada announced a new reimbursement policy for veterans using medical cannabis.
On Nov. 28, 2016, Michigan’s Kent Area Narcotics Enforcement Team executed search warrants at seven medical marijuana dispensaries in Kent County, alleging that
@Marijuanomics: 7 dispensaries raided in Kent County, #Michigan via @MJINews
On Nov. 28, 2016, Michigan’s Kent Area Narcotics Enforcement Team executed search warrants at seven medical marijuana dispensaries in Kent County, alleging that the dispensaries have been operating illegally under the Michigan Medical Marijuana Act.
KANET began its investigation after receiving tips on illegal sales taking place at dispensary locations that had previously been cited by law enforcement and the Kent County prosecutor’s office, with members of the team making illegal purchases at the dispensaries to confirm non-compliance.
While Gov. Rick Snyder recently approved three medical marijuana reform bills, the Kent County Sheriff Department has reported that the raided dispensaries were in violation of the newly passed bills. The KCSD did not define the specific nature of the violations.
The KCSD named two of the seven raided dispensaries, Relief Hub and Third Day, and provided addresses for the five unnamed dispensaries.
Supporters of the raided dispensaries plan to protest the raids on Dec. 2 at Plainfield Township Hall in Belmont, Michigan, starting at 3 p.m.
On Nov. 18, 2016, the Colorado Department of Revenue announced a new rule that would prevent holders of liquor licenses from allowing on-site use of marijuana, striking a blow to supporters Initiative 300, a ballot measure allowing the social use of marijuana in Denver.